Monday, 26 May 2008

Vision problems....


A couple of months ago I had a bad episode of optic neuritis. A few days ago I had a relapse that has left me with poor sight again. This is making it very difficult to work on a computer or read anything. I have to cover the bad eye and squint with the other. My kids suggested I should get a pirate eye patch!

My head is buzzing with ideas and my children's book characters are left suspended mid-action. It reminds me how much I rely on reading and writing. They are so much a part of my life that I feel as if a piece of me is missing when I am unable to give them attention. Time will heal but unfortunately time on the computer will delay this and aggravate the symptoms. I'm thankful for talking books as life without any story would be hell. Meanwhile, I'll keep scribbling down notes and hopefully be able to do more soon. Maybe I have to use this time for thinking, dreaming and incubating ideas.................................

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Kat
    Your head is a log book of imagination jewels. keep them safe until you can let them shine!! You have made a start on something that I am sure will be a very precious piece of work, so do not despair and get yourself 'ship shape' Ha Haarr!!
    Michelle
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...