Wednesday, 25 June 2008

Sea Dreams...

Above is a picture I took in Fowey on Monday. A gorgeous sunny day. It was our 7th wedding anniversary and we spent part of the day gazing at the sparkling water and pretending to be yuppy yacht owners. I think our clothes and the fact we had to count out change to pay for lunch, kinda gave it away. LOL.

When I look at this photo I feel as if I'm travelling out to sea and suddenly my imagination takes me on an adventure.

I took lots of photos and spurred on by Michelle at Kernow Creations http://www.kernowcreations.blogspot.com/ I intend to download some onto Red Bubble http://www.redbubble.com/. Also visit Michelle's new blog http://www.michellethirtysomethings.blogspot.com/ where she has written an amazing thirty minute piece that may require hankies.

The editing is going slowly. I feel very grouchy and I think it's because for the past few days I've not written anything for the fun and love of it. It's weird how much I 'need' to write. Anyone else feel like that? Tomorrow, I think I'll do a timed piece on the photo above and let myself sail away on a sea of dreams.



7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picture!

    I know exactly what you mean about editing, the first draft felt very freeing and the editing was very restrictive in comparison. I have had moments of great satisfaction though...doing a timed piece sounds like a perfect compromise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Kat

    Photo is stunning, we love Fowey!! Hope you get as much pleasure doing your timed piece tomorrow as I did doing Echo. Very encouraging exercise to do. Also thanks again for your help today you are FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piccy :-) Your comment about paying for lunch made me smile. Hang in there, some day you'll get your yacht!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, Kat, I think the need to write is fascinating. When I did my sculpture degree I didn't need to write because I was making art, I guess - another outlet for creativity - but now I'm not making art ... I need to write again. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the picture and Happy Anniversary for Monday.

    I also need to write or I get grumpy and miserable.

    I loved the pictures on Michelle's blog and the story was brilliant, have left a comment there too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pic! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do need to write, and feel something's amiss when I don't!

    Lovely photo :o)

    Lovely piece of writing as well...I couldn't get the link to work on Michelle's blog, so I'm extra glad I popped over!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...