Thursday, 11 September 2008

Phew! Bookworm frenzy!


I've been working hard on designing/writing the Bodmin Bookworm. This afternoon I've made all pages 'live'. The 16 blog pages are still under construction and need more work but if you want to have a browse click on www.bodminbookworm.blogspot.com and follow the links etc. If you have any (tactful) suggestions please let me know.
***
Michelle & I have also been working together on the posters and leaflets ready for the Bodmin Bookworm launch date on the 22nd September 2008. Michelle has written about this on her blog: www.kernowcreations.blogspot.com .
***
I am sorry that I am slow catching up with some of your blogs. It's been a rough week health wise and my energy has mostly gone on the Bookworm.
***
My one treat was to see 'The Duchess' on the cinema yesterday afternoon. I loved it. But then I'm a sucker for a costume drama. The movie website is: www.theduchessmovie.co.uk . The acting, I thought, was brilliant. High emotions, romance and drama with a splattering of beautiful actors and scenery. Fab!
***
Ok - must get off this computer before I become a permanent part of it. I have a 'Crunchie' chocolate bar awaiting me (if I can ignore the beseeching looks of my children who have already had their chocolate treat and would now quite like to eat mine!).

7 comments:

  1. Kudos on the blogsite - I'm dead impressed, particularly with your 'grammar disclaimer' about not getting dragged down by commas and fullstops.

    I'll have to keep an eye on it - I may borrow your idea for some of our lot "Writing on the Moors" or "Writing love poems about my sister"... Not sure which...

    Anyway, looks brilliant, enjoy your crunchie and hope you recover properly soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great, Kat.
    You'll be showing a lot of children that reading and writing can be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.
    You mention collages etc in your HINTS spot of Bookworm Blog. Drawing/making a pictorial map of where a story is going to be set is good, too.
    That always goes down well when I do author visits to schools. There are some I did on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done on the blogsite, it looks great.

    I'm glad to hear you enjoyed The Duchess as I was thinking about going to see it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'm so jealous about The Duchess and the Crunchie. Yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Nik,Pat, Debs and JJ. I've been working away on improving and promoting etc. Launch date is next week.
    And the Crunchie was delicious.
    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed

    reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.



    Sarah

    http://www.thetreadmillguide.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...