Friday, 19 September 2008

Writing Desert


A few definitions of desert: dry, barren, uncultivated, uninhabited
Also can mean: abandon
Both of these would describe my writing week!!
Do not confuse with dessert: sweet
Yes I can almost taste the sand in my dry mind.
Yes I am panicking.
Why are some weeks so fertile and yet others so barren?
Back to 'dessert' - with its one more 's' - maybe that will stimulate my mind and cheer my sombre mood.
Off to find something which contains copious amounts of sugar!

8 comments:

  1. Cor fab picture.

    I dunno Kat, but sometimes it just is like that!

    But, yes, something sweet, that'll fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it strange how some weeks are like that? And yet another time the words just seem to flow from nowhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I went there this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a bit irritating your write (hehe) but hey, I suppose it's just one of those things. As long as you keep getting the odd fertile week though you'll be ok. Doughnuts is what you need. Oh, or trifle. With vodka in. Always a winner....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh what a great idea when you're feeling a bit empty - a sugar laden dessert. I'm going to find a big one at the shops later and eat it all up to help with my SAF story...

    Thanks Kat! Hope it works for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes... I'm off in search of sugar too. You know - I'm not sure I've ever actually SEEN a desert. Isn't that strange. Does a desert of lava count.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way it goes I suppose...sugary stuff...hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a dark chocolate KitKat!
    Then another!
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...