Tuesday, 7 October 2008

New Ideas & All Things Scary

The Bodmin Bookworm theme for this month is 'All things scary'. What is a little bit scary is facing groups of children in assemblies and classrooms. But I'm having fun. We've only just started to receive writing submissions - it would be great if you could pay the site a visit and leave comments on children's work. (so far: Lanivet & St Tudy schools have submissions)

After practicing to be a human pin cushion (lumbar puncture) -I've found the past couple of weeks a bit of a struggle health wise. I got a bit down about not being able to keep up with my own writing and blogging.

BUT a few days ago I started writing a new story that I feel positive about. It is such a buzz to be writing again. It's as if writing works as a powerful drug on my mood. When I lose myself in my writing it is the most wonderful exhilarating feeling.

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you're feeling better.

    I agree with you that writing is rather like some drug, it always makes me feel better when I've been working on something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling better, Kat, and writing as well!
    Will pop over to BB now

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again, Kat
    I read all the posts from the two schools and commented on them all.
    Gosh, I hope I didn't make any typos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat, I think that's exactly what writing ... or creating anyway, does for me too. It's a natural anti-depressant! Keep doing it!
    JJx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your new story - I know that feeling completely of losing yourself in writing, it's wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. COuldn't agree with you more Kat!! I love the Bodmin Bk Worm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debs - I think maybe the drug effect is what has us addicted!

    Pat - thank you so much for leaving such thoughtful comments on the Bodmin Bookworm. I had more submissions today and am very excited.

    jj - I like the idea of it being a natural anti-depressant. Writing is certainly therapeutic for me.

    Annie - it is wonderful to escape into the worlds we are writing.

    Jan - thanks! I'm all excited as I get new writing in

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you've been poorly :-( Good news on the writing front though, glad you're enthusiastic about your new story. Will pop over to visit the worm later :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat, there's an award for you at mine.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...