Thursday, 19 March 2009

"Getaway"



My hubbie and I have just spent a long weekend in a cottage (on the RHS of picture above) in beautiful Lamorna, Cornwall. This was a Birthday treat for me courtesy of a few family members and a well deserved getaway for us both!

Lamorna Valley is a beautiful area just West of Mousehole and Penzance. Lamorna Cove was just a minute further down the road from our cottage.


Hubbie was especially happy because we were opposite the Lamorna Wink pub, an old Cornish pub with bags of history and a million trinkets and pictures hanging from the walls and ceiling (oh and Betty Stogs Cornish Ale):


*
Apparently the 'Wink' refers to the past when the landlord would turn a blind eye to smugglers.

*
*

We had a fantastic weekend.
*
*
*
*
Since then I've been on a bit of a 'go-slow'. Which has hindered my writing and blogging. Although I've managed a few humorous doctor/hospital poems that cheered me to write.
It's been a couple of weeks since I've paid a visit to the blogging world and I come back to the most amazing news: Tam and Jon have both got amazing book deals. I am so happy for them both!
So as I start to 'go-faster' I'm impatient to progress with my YA novel and enjoy the fact my writing hut is now toasty warm from the sun!

7 comments:

  1. Hey nice to see you back. Your weekend sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your holiday sounds wonderful. I hope to get to Cornwall later this year, beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the Lamorna Wink very well!!
    Last time, there was a table full of local produce immediately by the door.
    And lots of local folk all wanting to chat.
    Absolutely brilliant.
    Gorgeous walks along the cliff path.
    I remember white hydrangeas, wild in September..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh love Lamorna. I was a big fan of the 'Minack' books by Derick Tange (spelling?). If I ever had to live in a diffrent part of cornwall it would be there. Glad you had a good time :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds fabulous. I wonder if I can sneak away to Cornwall for Easter???

    Thanks for the big up - just think, this time next year I'll have a real book, with my name on it an everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JJ -thanks, it was lovely!

    Amanda - Cornwall is beautiful you should definitely visit

    Jan - sounds like you have a love of the place. There was still local produce by the door and lots of interesting people. It is a fab pub.

    Claire - I've never read Derek Tange but when we were out and about we came across displays and books dedicated to him. Lamorna is a beautiful place.

    Tam - I am still soooooo excited for you. It must be hard to stop dreaming of that book with your name on it! You should definitely visit Cornwall this Easter. If you do let me know and maybe we could meet up????

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trip sounds so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...