Wednesday, 20 May 2009

The Gargoyle

" The Gargoyle " by Andrew Davidson
**********
I've just finished reading "The Gargoyle" by Andrew Davidson.
*********
This was a fascinating book. At the beginning I wasn't sure I could continue reading this book so explicit and horrifying were the descriptions of the main character's burn injuries and subsequent medical treatment. However, I'm very glad I did. This novel is full of endearing interweaving stories and fantastically created characters. It carries you on a thrilling journey that includes romance, fantasy & mystery. This is a book I would definitely recommend reading. If nothing else, you will marvel at the incredible amount of research the author must have had to do and the creative way he uses that information. Apparently it took him seven years to write.
*********
I found an interesting Guardian article that explains a little more about the book and gives a wonderful insight into the author Andrew Davidson. Worth a read.
*********
I am a little slow with my writing this week. I could do with a burst of energy. I'm still enjoying Twitter and this is the best place to keep up to date with my daily writing journey.
Okay must go and work on my YA novel as it has not had enough of my attention this week.

***********************

5 comments:

  1. Not come across this one, might be worth a look. I'm still resisting twitter, only a matter of time though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a good book, Kat. You are doing better than me with Twitter - I keep forgetting to update it. Note to self - must try harder. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Write on buddy you are doing well with your YA novel!
    Maybe you should enter your Shed for shed of the year like Debs!
    Michelle
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. haven't read it yet...thanks for the reading advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have heard of this book, but I'm afriad to put it on my teetering reading pile.

    Good luck with Twitter, though; but don't get so hooked you neglect your novel ;)

    Kat, I would like to ask you something; can you e-mail me? (mfh at lindenwald dot com) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...