Wednesday, 1 July 2009

5 things this week......

I haven't been a very good blogger - sorry about that. So what the heck have I been doing? Here are 5 of the things I've been up to this past week...........


1. I've been busy writing my YA novel & have completed 37 out of 40 chapters!






2. I read 'The Demon's Lexicon' by Sarah Rees Brennan. An amazing YA urban fantasy book. I challenge any reader not to fall in love with Alan & Nick. I don't know how I'm going to wait until next year for the sequel.












3. I attended my children's school sports day. Cheered loudly & generally became over involved. Photo opposite is of my five year old being a super star.













4. I've been enjoying the Lillies that my friend gave me. Every time I come downstairs I smell their wonderful sweet aroma & enjoy the sight of them decorating my dining room window.







5. I've ordered a copy of the Writers and Artists Yearbook 2010 in the hope that I will soon have my YA novel at a stage where I can start sending it to agents. (remaining hopeful)


6 comments:

  1. Wow you have been busy. Great news on the novel. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all sound like worth while things to have been doing!

    By the way to answer your question on my last post, I'm up near Bude. Mikemouse has mentioned meeting up on 9th July, intrested?

    ReplyDelete
  3. JJ - thanks :-)

    Claire - I would've loved to meet up but typically I've a friend staying from up country. Hope we can do it another time. Michelle & I live next door to each other & so we could perhaps arrange to come together. Or we could invite you here - what do you think? Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was always told off by my children for getting over excited during sporting events with them.

    I should order W&A Yearbook too. Love that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debs - I think we got away with it because they're young. But as they get older I suspect they'll be hiding the letters that announce Sports Days just to keep us from embarrassing them. LOL.

    Shanta - yes it has been busy, busy, but fun (and tiring!)

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...