Tuesday, 15 June 2010

"Honest Scrap" award....


Thank you to the very lovely JJ who writes the wonderful Tea Stains blog and has awarded me this Honest Scrap award. Apparently, I'm required to tell you 10 things about me that I've not shared with you here before. Stuff that's a bit different and you won't necessarily know. I'll try my best. But if you want an example of how it should be done - visit JJs post where she shares her 10.
Here goes then.....
1. My primary school uniform was brown and yellow. Kids from other school made fun of its likeness to poo. But the gold/yellow and white summer dresses were pretty.
...
2. One of my first movie star crushes was on Hans solo (Harrison Ford) closely followed by Face (from the A-Team & same actor was even better in the original Battlestar Gallactica) and Tom Cruise (especially in Top Gun). Oh hell, this is turning out to be 10 most embarrassing confessions!!!
...
3. Following on from number 2 is that I still imagine myself as a jet plane pilot and a kick ass spy ninja Buffy type girl- and sometimes I can almost believe this fantasy is reality. But then the range of disability aides that litter our home force me back into reality. Yet I don't give up hope. And meanwhile I live through my fictional characters.
...
4. Following number 3 - when I'm having a slow day and am perhaps crossing the road or something, my friends have taken to calling out "Run, Forest, Run" - which I have to admit makes me laugh and perversely cheers me up. This idea was started by my darling husband who is full of charm, bless him. I made the mistake of telling my mates that he did this. They promptly laughed until they wet their pants and then adopted this idea too.
...
5. My sugar addiction used to be so bad that I've been known to spoon granulated sugar out of the jar in desperation for a hit. Over the years I've learnt to balance my sugar levels in a healthier way. But my chocolate addiction means a jar of Nutella is still always needed for emergencies.
...
6. I once got so drunk on Tia Maria and coke that even now, about fifteen years later I can't face the thought let alone the taste of it.
...
7. I sometimes (too often) stay in my PJs until lunch time or more. I've written, worked, made business phone calls etc. in my PJs because although they're so not sexy they're so very comfy.
...
8. I have extremely vivid dreams. After waking it can sometimes take me quite a long time to realise they were not real. I have a preference for action dreams (also see number 2). But also have quite scary or very sad dreams too. And more often than not they are very bizarre Alice in Wonderland style dreams. My husband says he never remembers his dreams so I kindly share mine in great detail. Which he loves - obviously ;-)
...
9. I am a bad swimmer. I was (am) afraid of deep water even though I can swim well enough not to drown (provided I'm not stranded at sea for more than a minute). Add to this my intense dislike of public swimming baths' changing rooms with their muddy tiles covered with stray hairs.....I don't go swimming often (but can be tempted by a county club or spa pool if I should be so lucky). Despite all this I love being near natural water sources, especially the sea - but that last bit is not new to you I'm sure.
...
10. In Tenerife I was in an ancient cable car climbing a dormant volcano I cannot remember the name of. Anyway, it suddenly jolted and I screamed - very loudly. Thing is I heard the scream but didn't realise I'd made it. Honestly. I've read similar lines in novels and thought - yeah right, like you wouldn't know it was you. But I didn't. Luckily (NOT) my friend's Dad had it all recorded on video camera. Great!
...
So there you have my 10 memes and hopefully its stuff I've never mentioned before, on here at least. So now if I should become a super famous novelist like JK - you can sell my embarrassing secrets to the press and make a bit of extra cash! Aren't I kind offering this highly unlikely scenario. But never say never.
...
Now I'd like to nominate the following 5 bloggers:
Michelle Mickmouse Karen Megan Shannon & last but not least Fiona .
...
If any of you should not wish to participate in the ten new things about you meme, then don't worry. I thought I'd give you an award shout out nevertheless because I love reading your blogs. If you do, I shall look forward to reading your 10.
****************************

12 comments:

  1. Some of this was new to me, but I am afraid I might just have to join in the Forest Gump thing, hee, hee! Will have a go on my site too
    M
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for stopping by today and thanks for sharing the award with me. i'll get right on those questions! :) i love that you are setting an intention to keep writing from your heart. how beautiful is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank you very muchly! Very kind!!
    And am heading off to the Canaries this year so shall definitely watch out for screaming without either knowledge or consent
    Very, very best, m xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cable car story is scary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I'm completely with you on the stray hairs in public swimming pools...

    I'm also with you on the phwoar factor of Harrison Ford (I see he's just married Calistra Flockhard: bugger)

    And I'm not with you and am SHOCKED! Oh yes I am about the sugar spooning: bad, naughty woman.

    I loved your answers - thank you for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award Kat :o)

    My sugar addiction led to an unhealthy love of Golden Syrup sandwiches! I can't swim at all so you're ahead of me there, and I'm not keen on the sea despite growing up at the seaside I much prefer rivers and lakes for some reason. To look at obviously :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle - How mean wanting to join in with the Forest Gump thing ;-) Will have to go read your 10 answers.

    Shannon - Thanks Shannon - I look forward to your answers.

    Megan - no problem. And yes watch out for involuntary screaming. Lol.

    Jan - yes, scary on so many levels. Lol.

    JJ - not just me then with the swimming & Harrison. But I am ultra shocked that you are so against the sugar thing ;-)

    Karen - oh yes Golden syrup is lovely. And thanks, I am comforted that I am not the worst swimmer here ;-))

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. hAVING A SwOoP THROUGH BLOGLAND...AFTER RATHER A LONG Abscence....and reading blogs like yours makes me glad to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey you!
    Thanks for your comments today. So happy you do creative fun things with your kids. We are actually painting rocks this morning! I love the idea of doing big garden rocks! I'll have to start searching for some. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How's your book going? I write YA too and have just finished a fantasy novel, 'Lethal Inheritance’. You can read ch1 of it at
    http://publishersearch.wordpress.com/lethal-inheritance/

    The blog on the home page follows my journey to publication. There are postings about writing, challenges of the writer's life and getting published. you might enjoy it and I'd love to know what you think of ch 1.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jan - welcome back, good to see you swooping :-)

    Shannon - hope to see photos of your rock creations.

    Prashant - thank you for all your comments.

    Tahlia - what a beautiful name you have! I shall visit your blog asap. Thanks for stopping by :-)

    Kat

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...