Saturday, 24 July 2010

Creativity makes the world go around and around.....

(Please note: I have Rob's kind permission to use this image, please make sure you do likewise).

The image above spoke to me, seeming to reflect my own beliefs and passions. It was designed by Rob Self-Pierson who describes himself as a writer and creative thinker. Click here to learn more about Rob and the exciting creative projects he’s involved in.
 
This past week my creativity has been either completely blocked or flowing freely; there seems to have been no in-between. However, I’m pleased to have entered a fantasy writing competition held by Bloc Online which is run by the Professional Writing Team at Falmouth University College. And I’ve just completed an article for the DPPI (Disability, Pregnancy & Parenthood International ). So I’m happy to have something to show despite my moody and sporadic muse.

How has your week been? Have you been inspired or blocked? Do you find your creative output sporadic or constant? How do you handle the ups and downs in your creative work?

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that Bloc link, Kat. There seems to be some really good writing stuff going on at Falmouth - I might look into some of it further. That's one thing I love about blogging - one person's post can be a springboard into creativity for another. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspired by a short trip away then struggling to settle down on return.

    I find that blogging helps me; if I can write nothing else I can usually manage a blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My muse is running scared at the moment - I've challenged it to start FINALLY writing my novel on the 1st August (this Sunday), instead of doing endless character exercises, plotting etc.

    So my inspiration is currently flailing in a sea of doubt! Thanks for the links...will go searching for inspiration...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...