Monday, 25 October 2010

Babes in the Woods. Looking for the fantastical....

Ten days ago we spent a wonderful few hours in a place called "Golitha Falls" (Cornwall).  My children, husband & I explored this ancient woodland looking for: fairies, pixies, Robin Hood & his men. It is a magical place where your imagination seems to take flight.

 With the roots of very old trees taking over I was only able to go so far but hubbie & kids were able to run, jump, climb & visit the waterfalls. I was happy to take lots of photos (160 in total) and engage in the inspirational surroundings that inspired our joint storytelling sessions.

I would've posted sooner but this last week my LHS has been a bit useless; making me a little slow & behind with everything. But this unplanned trip to the woods is still fresh in our memories and continues to inspire stories, poems & craft projects. The CED2010 October theme is 'earth' and I found  lots of inspiration in this beautiful location with its earthy tones.


Where have you been recently that has inspired and energised you?

.............................................................................

A big thank you to the wonderful Christine for awarding me 'The Versatile Blogger' award (displayed on the rhs column). I haven't followed the criteria simply because I've done a similar meme recently & don't want to bore you but I would love to pass on the award to all the people who left me a comment on my last post; your kind words were a great support through last week. If you want to know more about how the award works & read Christine's great blog then follow the link attached to her name above.

Oh and as a reminder if you enjoy using facebook I have a WrightStory page there that you are able to 'like' or add as a 'favourite page'. You can find me at: http://on.fb.me/bVPgja - I would love for you to join me there as I try and explore the links between creativity, health & wellbeing.
If you prefer to tweet then I also have a Twitter page at: www.twitter.com/wrightstory

6 comments:

  1. It looks like a fun adventure in the woods...almost felt like I was there. My inspiration comes from water places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ancient woodland. Your photographs have caught the light filtering through the trees and that is so beautiful. The silvery tones make the woodland appear magical.

    Landscape inspires me with my writing and I'm fortunate in living in the midst of attractive countryside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gina - thanks for stopping by. It was an adventure. Water, especially the coast, inspire me too. Many of my previous posts involve seaside inspiration.

    Christine - thank you. Yes from your blog & profile I can see how your location is full of inspirational landscapes.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photographs. I've got a bit of witchcraft going on in my current novel and I think your pictures have just inspired me!

    Congratulations on your award :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought we had some beautiful places over here, but I've never seen anything quite as magical as those woods. Thanks for the exquisite photos, I can see why you'd find fairies and pixies there.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen - ' a bit of witchcraft' - I'm intrigued. Glad the photos helped.

    Debs - they are magical and full of stories. I wish our country had kept more of its woodland - places like this are wonderful. I've never been to your island but have seen pictures & tv and it looks gorgeous.

    Kat X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...