Saturday, 13 November 2010

Art Everyday Month 2010: Day 13 - Imagination & happy accidents...

In yesterday's post I mentioned a project I was busy working on. Here is the finished piece:


I had the idea of using this design as the focus for a new blog design. So I added a couple of removal extras so that it could also look like this:


It's difficult to show the different materials used in these photos. For instance the round circles are wood, the stars are rusted metal & the buttons have pearlescent finish. But hopefully you get the idea. This project did not go to plan at all but I like to think of it now as a happy accident.

Have you experienced any happy accidents with your creative work during AEDM2010?

WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

4 comments:

  1. Kat, This is so cool! I'd love to see a photo at a slight angle, that way you can see the depth of the piece and the varied textures. Happy accidents... yes, writing just one word on a journal page set me on a tangent, very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! With imagination anything is possible! I like the way this turned out. Great job.

    And, as Harry Connick Jr sings, "With imagination, I'll get there!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful! Love the colors and of course, the message. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gypsy - I love that just one word can send our imagination and hearts on a journey!

    B @ Sweet Limes - thank you for visiting & leaving such a lovely comment!

    Shannon - Thank you sweetie X

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...