Thursday, 9 December 2010

Frosty Writing/Art Journal Inspiration....


Christmas preparation and celebrations seem to have taken over much of my time and energy this week - hence the lack of blog posts. But today I hosted a writing group meeting. For this meeting I prepared the above collage for inspiration. I used random words and photos I've recently taken (you may recognise one from a previous post but the others were taken a couple of days ago.) Having provided lots of pens, paint markers and paper I encouraged everyone to not just write but create an art journal page that could include words and images. We had about half hour for this exercise but because I was busy being hostess I took twenty minutes and produced the page below.

Just a few doodles and a Haiku but it was a fun inspiration starter for further creative work. If you notice in the last line of the haiku I use the word 'heads'. This was meant to be 'head' but after making the mistake of pluralising I realised I quite like 'heads'; it stretched my imagination further. A happy accident :-) The other members of the group all produced beautiful and different images, prose and poetry. After sharing individual work, our joint imaginations created further musings and ideas. As always, a meeting with the writing gang was incredible fun.

Feel free to use the above collage as a creative prompt. If you do, please let me know how you get on. I'd love to see more results from the same prompt.

Do you belong to a writing/art/photography/creative group? Who inspires you and why?

Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

6 comments:

  1. Super beautiful..and uplifting..you are such a creative soul! Thanks for sharing your magic!
    Have a sparkling wkd ahead!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to bring creativity prompts to your writing group! I love that you are spreading your love of art to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great idea-BRAVO to you for spearheading this. My group is the Inspiration Avenue Group because I have a toddler and hubby is deployed so that is the only way I can participate right now-thank God for the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these journal pages and the mandalas too. The combination of images, textures, colors, and words can be such a powerful way to reach into the subconscious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiki/Victoria - thank you for such a kind comment. X

    gypsy - thanks. I get so enthusiastic about creative stuff that it's hard not to bring it to others whether they like it or not. Lol. They certainly inspire me.

    Robin - Thanks. I agree - the net is invaluable to me too. Because of health problems I'm often unable to get out and meet people in person - at time the internet has really saved me from feeling isolated. And like you I have young kids. So I totally agree & understand where you're coming from. Joining inspiration avenue recently has been another great way to connect with inspirational people.

    BarbaraB - thank you for your lovely comment and for stopping by.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there! Nice blog. Come see mine: Writing. Art. Inspiration.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...