Sunday, 16 January 2011

AROS days 13-16....

I've been a bit slack at regularly posting my small stones but here are the latest copied from my notebook:

Day 13 and I was watching the toddlers leaving playschool. It was such a happy and cute image....
Rainbow of umbrellas
Bobbing down the path
Over little legs
In an eager race

Day 14 and late evening I opened the door to let my cat out. My awareness of  the weather having been muffled by double glazing I was taken aback at the assault to my senses.......
Thick winter air
Icy energy
Thrashing branches
Rushing stream
Orchestrated
by a passionate wind.

Day 15 and this was a very simple observation and I stared into my Muesli....

Jewels of dehydrated fruit promising sweetness, bathing in a milky pond alongside their pale oat companions.

Day 16  this may not strictly be a small stone and is not polished but this morning I just closed my eyes and listened. This is what I heard....
Washing machine spinning a storm
Radio singing multiple voices
Steel chinking china
Rustling paper
Fridge humming
Murmuring
coughing
chewing
Sunday breakfast.

Not prolific or fancy but observations that I can work on in the future. It was enough for me to be present in the moment and observe; a calming meditative exercise.
  • Have you found time this past week to stop and soak up the moment you're in?
  • If so, how did you express this or/and what affect did it have on you?
(In the next few minutes I'll be posting my Inspiration Avenue weekly art challenge if you'd like to take a peek just scroll up)
Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

3 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me! Muesli, hmmmm...... I'm nibbling on some pieces of cucumber right now.... must have a closer look! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found you!!! Kat, these are fab! 'Washing machine spinning a storm' - I love that.

    I'm going to pop back and spend more time browsing when I'm not trying to fit in as many things as possible before the school run!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eliza - thanks - I'll look forward to your cucumber inspired small stone ;-)

    Sam - welcome and thank you:-) Ah yes that last bit of time before the school's out always goes too fast; I know it well!

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...