Monday, 3 January 2011

River of Stones Days 2 & 3 (and internet connection problems)


My internet seems to have flu and has gone on strike. Having committed to three online challenges this is a tad inconvenient. I'm at a friend's home for a brief visit to write this but it means I'm not getting a chance to visit your blogs and view other people's challenge submissions until my internet fault is fixed. Meanwhile I shall continue to try and be creative daily, write stones for the river and create for the Inspiration Avenue weekly theme. (See my last blog post for details of these inspiring challenges)

For now, here is a photo of the journal I've covered in handmade papers and decorated especially for A River of Stones and to coincide with my New Year aims (see last blog post). And here are day two and three contributions to A River of Stones:

Bare limbs jostle against
deciduous neighbours
Barren bones
Seeking comfort from
fragrant green.

The ethereal orange halos
of tree tops dipped
in sunset's glow
shiver.

Both need a little work but I thought I'd post them as they are whilst I have access to an internet connection.

  • Are you participating in any creative communities in 2011?
Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

9 comments:

  1. I love your River of Stones book, and the poetry you've written is wonderful! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well poo to your internet. I like your journal and lovely poems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your treetops Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your journal is great. The river of stones challange sounds really interesting.Your stones are lovely.I'm looking forward to participating in create everyday 2011 with you.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy - thank you :-)

    Missy - Thank you. Net is working on & off today. It is such a pain.

    Megan - thank you X

    Debbie - thank you for visiting - it is great to connect up with new people. I shall look forward to visiting your blog next.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kat!
    Oh,the two sides of computers, the best thing since sliced bread then the object of many a blaspheming word!! :)
    I hope it mends quickly!
    Thankyou so much for your lovely words on my blog, and thankyou for the link to the River of stones challenge...such a lovely idea...I shall go check it out now...
    well.. after I say how lovely your writing is! A wordsmith you truly are...oooh i LOVE the line "ethereal orange halos".....gives me the urge to get some paints out :)
    Happy New Year to you XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stones are beautiful! The first one makes me feel excited at the onset of Spring and the second one is heavenly!

    I love your journal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both pieces are interesting and worthy of that last polish.
    Thank you for your kind comment on my 'small stone'.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jenny - thank you - you are so kind! Let me know if you paint something inspired by that line, that would be fab! Net is working intermittently now but better than not at all I guess. Lol.

    Eliza - thank you for the lovely comment and for visiting. Its great to connect with people via challenges like aros :-)

    Keith - thanks for stopping by & leaving a comment :-) I enjoyed my visit to your blog.

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...