Friday, 15 April 2011

PPF, IA "Mother" & re-learning the same lessons....

This is my entry for Paint Party Friday and this week's Inspiration Avenue prompt: 'Mother'.  It is created mainly with watercolour paint with some Pitt Pen on the elephants.

This week I've re-learnt two valuable lessons. We're on day 7 of 20 of the school holidays and I'm a little exhausted. However, I can't blame the children being home as much as myself. I am perfectly aware that with my health problems I have to pace myself. I sent out my first Wright Story Extra email including TIC TOCC this week. But I left all the work for this, and a couple of other writing commitments, until the last minute; resulting in me working long hours within a short period. By Wednesday I started to feel quite poorly and yesterday was struggling with simple tasks.  (Luckily today I'm feeling better after my rest yesterday.) So first lesson re-learnt is that I need to pace and not take on too much at once.

The second lesson involved getting nervous about sending out the first TIC TOCC. I soon reminded myself that I write these prompts because I enjoy doing so and the outcome does not matter; it's the creative process that does. Just like doing the prompts themselves should be done without expectations or judgement I need to approach writing and sharing them in a similar way. I realised, that by worrying about the outcome and other people's approval, I removed myself from the intuitive moment by moment living I find beneficial.

So with these lessons fresh in mind I rested yesterday and began today with painting and piano with my children. Unfortunately, as if to test me further,I now have visitors who've sprung a visit to begin this weekend; my re-learnt wisdom will be severely tested ;-)

I'll be unable to visit as many blogs as I'd like to for this week's IA and PPF submissions. But I hope you all understand and I shall get around to you as soon as I can.

  • Have you learnt or been reminded of any life lessons this week?
  • What wisdom can you apply to your creative life to ensure it remains healthy and enjoyable?

Wishing you all a happy PPF and a wonderful weekend!

Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

27 comments:

  1. I love your little elephants, they are just awesome. You just want to pick them up and hug them. They are beautiful creatures. Thanks for sharing. Happy PPF and have fun this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so cute, they tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your elephants. Take good care of yourself. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your elephants are so sweet! Brought a smile to my face!

    Sorry about your TIC TOCC worries, but I think you did a wonderful job with it and I'm truly looking forward to the next installment!

    Hard to have to relearn lessons, but I guess that's life! Hugs to you! Take good care and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your elephants are very sweet. I also enjoyed the first installment of TIC TOCC. I'm sorry you were so stressed. Take care of yourself and slow down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colors, I'm loving the elephants, they look so happy.

    Great post!

    Zak.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your elephants are darling. I did a painting for IA that I'm posting tomorrow. Love the prompt this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet. I love your "mommy" elephants!

    Yes, you are right, take things one thing at a time, and pace yourself!
    And yes, i agree, no stress when we are creating! enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so fun - bring it to the whimsy page: http://dthaase-lines.blogspot.com/p/whimsical-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such cute elephants. They are so full of life and fun. Loving your work. Well Done! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet Mama and Babies! Hope you are taking care of yourself and enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such sweet elephants - I love their color. It's perfect for the "mother" theme - I love when elephants do that!

    Sending you a hug & hoping you are feeling better :)

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, I love your little elephants...i love the bold colours and contrast against your lovely water colour background...gorgeous!
    We are on the countdown to the kids being back to school now...1 and a half days to go..woohoo! :)
    I'm sorry to hear you've not been feeling the greatest but atleast lessons have been recognised and re-learned..so many of us don't even get that far :)
    My lesson lately has been mainly to just "jump".... failure or not...atleast I know I have tried :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The elephants are adorable - I love that they're pink and purple.

    I do understand your "life lessons" you went through this week. Life is a weird thing - will we ever learn what it is really about? I don't think so. It's a journey.

    Don't worry about TIC TOCC. I loved the first newsletter, even though I didn't do it (my life lesson: don't take on too much). However, I love to know that it is there and I can get to it when I want to. I try not to force myself and then not enjoy it. I wish this for you as well. Please take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am constantly relearning lessons (like, I feel better when I exercise; clutter makes me feel out of control, and a multitude of others - sigh - when will she ever learn, she hums to herself....)

    I love the Mama elephant! Great job! Hope you can pace yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your elephants are adorable. Fun choice of colors for them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Kat..hugs...what a super beautiful piece..i love your enchanting elephants..wonderful! very uplifting!!

    Wishing you much joyful energy and relaxation...hope things all balance out soon and fill you with harmony and sparkles!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful- I LOVE the way they're marching along linked through their tails and their love for each other. I also love the color palette you chose.
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was hoping someone would do elephants and yours are so sweet!
    Take good care of yourself, Kat. It seems you are very needed :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Health is frist, rest and then creativeness follows. Totally understand.
    Love the elephants and you have managed to capture their beautiful gentle nature, I read it in the painting.
    Take good care of yourself.


    Annabelle : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the elephant version of holding hands. :) I've always thought elephant babies are just adorable. Take care and don't overdo with your visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your 3 little elephants are adorable Kat! I hope you survive your visitors and the school hols - don't forget to take a little time just for yourself whenever you can :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kat, This is a darling painting. I totally understand about being overwhelmed and having to pace yourself...it is that way with me also. The lesson I have learned that
    carries me through it all...
    "Be good to yourself". Never expect to do things you wouldn't ask someone else to do. Sometimes we are task masters/slave drivers to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet little elephants, perfect for the Mother theme because elephants are so strong and stable...wishing you the same, take care of yourself, and keep your spirit uplifted :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you everyone for leaving such lovely supportive and kind comments - they mean a lot.

    Its been a hectic few days & I'm a bit exhausted but okay.

    Jenny - your hols must be a completely different time to ours. Ours go back a week on Tuesday (after just over two weeks off) and are only back for three days and then are off for another four.

    Thanks all
    Kat X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...