Inspiration Avenue challenge was to create a self-portrait. I seem incapable of drawing faces let alone my own and so I could've given this week a miss but instead I allowed my imagination free reign; the picture above was the result. I tried to draw a portrait of my inner self, allowing myself to draw freely. I really enjoyed the experience.WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter
I'm always talking about how much creative activity improves my mood and wellbeing. I think this is even more effective when I allow my imagination the freedom to create without any expectation or censoring. When I do this I find the experience cathartic and sometimes even spiritual in its connection with my inner self. This happens with free writing as well as art.
- Do you censor your imagination consciously or unconsciously? How do you suppose this affects your experience of creating?
Setting up my TIC TOCC challenges to do in ten or twenty minutes encourage me:
- to write/paint/create within a set amount of time with no expectations or censorship.
- Plus only needing ten minutes to complete they offer very little time/energy commitment.
- the option to keep private or share (I'll share if I have some fellow TIC TOCC mates to share with).
- Sometimes the results I get may be able to be used for other challenges I do like Paint Party Friday.
And if you've signed up then it would be great if you could display one of my lovingly created blog buttons and link it back to the challenge page: http://wrightstory.blogspot.com/p/tic-tocc-inspiration.html
They look like this:
But you can get them in various sizes on my blog's TIC TOCC page.
If you like this idea then please pass on the details via your blogs, facebook or twitter as I'd love to share the experience with other adventurers of the imagination!
And to those of you in the UK and elsewhere that celebrate today HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! XX. I'm eating some delicious chocolate I was gifted whilst writing this. Yum! I can also smell the dinner my husband is cooking and it smells delicious. I was also given some gorgeous handmade cards, poems, pens and cuddles. I feel a lucky Mum. Enjoy the day :-)