Tuesday, 3 May 2011

TIC TOCC week 4: Strange happenings at sea...

Cornish News Bulletin: "A North Cornwall beach is closed for a second day as investigations into multiple sightings of a strange creature were reported yesterday morning by early morning surfers and dog walkers. The police are puzzled by the varying accounts they have received which range from descriptions of a Loch Ness type monster parting the waves to a whirling vortex seeming to swallow part of the sky. Of the six statements on record not one is the same. However, their commonality lies in the time and length of the sightings and the level of certainty by eyewitnesses that it happened. In addition to these eerie reports a nearby RAF helicopter experienced instrument failure and many homes along that stretch of coast lost power for forty minutes. Investigations are being made by the Navy and government powers. Meanwhile the two mile stretch of coast is off limits to the public on land or at sea. We'll bring you updates as soon as we have them."

These were my results for TIC TOCC week four: a little bizarre but nevertheless the result of twenty minutes drawing and ten minutes unedited writing.

  • How did you get on with this week's TIC TOCC? 
It would be great to hear your feedback and experiences. Please leave your comments and/or links to results in the comments section of this post. You can also contact me via Twitter, facebook or email links for which can be found at the bottom of this week's Wright Story Extra issue & on the blog tabs above.


Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

17 comments:

  1. haha - what a chery monster Kat! And a fab report :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan - glad you enjoyed. It was all very silly (especially the picture) but evidently my muse was in a funny mood ;-)I can't see this one being developed further but you just never know...Lol. Kat X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Worth checking out: Sam Pennington posted her week 3 TIC TOCC here: http://tinyurl.com/3jewrqy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha, I like how it's like a news bulletion/police blotter kinda piece. Fun drawing to go with it, I really liked how you did the water! This prompt seemed to lead me into another scene of the story I did last week. You got my mind a whirling! I woke up, tended to my children checked my e-mail and started writing as they were playing at the dining room table, now they're awfully quite, I have to go see where they went!

    http://melissalibanillustrations.blogspot.com/2011/05/mysterious-beach-closing.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Missy - thanks :-) Ooh I'm glad you've managed to continue last week's story with this week's prompt. How exciting - I'm off to have a read now...
    Kat Xx

    PS. Hope your children didn't cause too much havoc whilst you were busy creating ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat, I love your piece this week. Your monster is adorable! (I know, it IS a monster, but I can't help thinking it's adorable!). And your news bulletin is a perfect accompaniment.

    I posted my results for this week: http://mygiantstrawberry.blogspot.com/2011/05/tic-tocc-week-4.html

    Thanks, again! It's been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's mine. It just flowed in about 5 minutes - a bit like the water up and down the beach!!

    http://all-the-wright-stuff.blogspot.com/2011/05/deserted-beach.html

    I'll be back later to check out what everyone else is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne - thank you :-) And I agree its not a very scary monster but a bit tongue-in-cheek like the accompanying news item :-) Off to view your results.....
    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa - fab, thanks for joining in. I'm off to view your results next... Kat X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kat...wouldn't that be exciting to spot your monster in the sea? I love your drawing and unedited report. What a fun exercise. Looks like you are getting some creative time. Rest and give yourself some big healing hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm back now for proper comment! Thanks for the tweet!!

    Imagine reading that in your local rag. I like it... urban fantasy (or is it coastal/rural fantasy?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shannon - thank you sweetie. I'm trying to create some calm & rest & get on top of things. Xx

    Lisa - Thank you:-) I like the idea of a new fantasy genre: coastal fiction. Excellent idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute Monster Kat! I loved this week's challenge, as usual. You are so imaginative. I didn't write a story but sketched what I thought might have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rhonda - I've just been to visit your blog - I love your beach and alien painting - it is so detailed, beautiful and imaginative. Thanks so much for sharing - it makes the experience such fun.
    Kat X

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visit Lisa Wright Stuff's blog to view the painting she's done to accompany her TIC TOCC story:

    http://all-the-wright-stuff.blogspot.com/2011/05/diving-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Week 5, I promise myself I won't do this at the eleventh hour!! I've made my first ever collage for this week's challenge. It's over at www.talesofveryordinarymadness.blogspot.com
    And now I'm off to bed zzzzz. Will pop back tomorrow to look at what everyone else has been doing. Cool monster Kat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sam - I was just thinking of you :-) I love collages; what a great idea to do one for the TIC TOCC challenges. You've inspired me to have a go next week. Off to view your post now...
    Kat X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...