Sunday, 31 July 2011

The delight of a Cornish cream tea (Inspiration Avenue "Tea" challenge)


**click on image to enlarge**

This week's Inspiration Avenue theme is "tea". This morning I spent my morning in bed sipping tea whilst thumbing my way through vintage editions of 'Country Living' and out dated editions of 'Cornwall Life' to find images for the above collage.  It was fun to view issues that talked of a car Sat Nav as a distant futuristic idea and reminded me of fashions I once wore. Most of the images I've used are from these old 'Country Living' magazines and I knew that to be loyal to the wonderful county I live in I wanted to make a reference to the delicious delight that is a Cornish cream tea! For those of you unfamiliar with a Cornish Cream Tea: it consists of scones topped with jam & clotted cream and drunk with a pot of tea. Still not sure what I mean? Read this short article on what makes a proper Cornish cream tea. And after you've done that you may want to visit the Inspiration Avenue blog this Sunday afternoon to view other creative interpretations of the theme 'tea' set by the very lovely Maggie.

WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

14 comments:

  1. Cornish cream tea is such a lovely tradition. Though I'm on a blogging break right now,I could not resist stopping in for tea. So sweet.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done... your research paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum!! Love your collage Kat, it's a collection of lovely things, full of old-fashioned charm - just like a cream tea! The dresser with all those prettily patterned plates is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My, YUM! Something sadly missing this side of the pond. But actually there is a place near me that offers afternoon tea. I should go! You make me hungry!

    Is "Country Living" a Brittish mag? We have an American edition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd never heard of Cornish cream tea before, but this sounds wonderful. Enjoyed the collage you created for this challenge, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. there is nothing better than a 'proper' cornish cream tea *sigh* a lovely collage :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gemma - yes, it is yummy & any tea time with such delightful china would be fun :-))

    Jo - thanks :-)

    Artangel - thank you Angie - I agree the dresser and the wonderful china/pottery is lovely; I'd love to own the same :-)

    Judy - oh yes, you should go for afternoon tea! Yes, the 'Country Living' magazines are British ones. It would be fun to compare them to the US editions. X

    Elizabeth - thank you :-) And yes, they're yummy. If you should ever want to visit me I'd take you out for a cream tea or two (or more):-)

    Claire - yes, a 'proper' Cornish cream tea is lovely *sigh* Lol.:-)

    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for sharing!
    Cornish Cream Tea? Who knew!
    I love collage! Wonderful submission, well done!

    XO
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh- love that Kat! What a glorious celebration of tea!
    Did you find any vintage story ideas along the way??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kat, so sorry it's taken me all this time to visit. It's taken me forever to get around to the last few entries (just many things going on since Sunday :), but I'm so glad I made it. Cornish cream tea...sounds delectable! Now I know what clotted cream is ~ Yummy!

    I love the collage...it's full of wonderful, homey things. It's a perfect interpretation of "tea time" :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Megan - lovely to hear from you sweetie:-) Hope all is well with you. I did come across 20 year old articles about authors & technology of the future (that is now the past). Lol. Xx

    Maggie - no problem being late because I feel bad that with visitors & health stuff I'm behind with everyone's blogs! Great theme & I enjoyed looking through all those vintage images to choose these. :-) X

    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cornish cream tea sounds delicious! Scones and clotted cream... yumm!!

    Your collage looks lovely. I love all things cottage-y!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anne - thanks :-) It is a yummy treat. When we have visitors it gives us an excuse to take them out for a cream tea (completely selfless act done purely to give them a cultural experience and not much to do with our love for it. Lol.)
    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...