Tuesday, 11 October 2011

Fan-doodle-tastic: 20 minute doodle for TIC TOCC no. 20


You can view TIC TOCC no. 20 in this week's Wright Story Extra newsletter. As you can probably guess from this: TIC TOCC no. 20 had a doodling theme. As I've undoubtedly mentioned many times before: I love to doodle. It is one of the easiest ways for me to get creative, relax, work out ideas & feel inspired. The other fail safe creative soothers for me are journaling, free writing and photography. It is important to me to have easy, portable, no skill or expensive materials required creative tools available to help balance my wellbeing.  Doodling is great for waiting in doctors/hospital waiting rooms and can be done in bed whilst resting/recovering. I rarely know at the beginning of a doodle where I'm going with it. The timed doodle above started with the word 'believe' and I just worked out from there.

  • What creative tool/activity do you use frequently to help balance your wellbeing?
  • How did you get on with this week's TIC TOCC?
  • Do you enjoy doodling?


Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

5 comments:

  1. Doodling is letting your creative side of your brain out to play! This is lovely and a timely reminder for me, thankyou!
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your doodle! You have some lovely doodling skills my friend. I doodled without thinking about doodling, the end result is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know, doodling is how I help deal with my chronic illness. I never thought I would enjoy creating in pen, but it has been such a learning experience. No eraser! No fixing it! once you put a mark, it is there for good.
    Many of my doodles take no time at all...some take a bit longer, and some I go back to after a day or so.

    I know you've visited my blog from CED, and saw some of my doodles, I'll try to create a 20min, doodle for you today. (have a procedure in the hospital today, so I'll have some time in recovery! - good way to look at it huh?...Recovery, wow, I have time to draw uninterrupted..well mostly)

    thanks for coming by my blog. I'm having such a good time with ink, I'm not sure what I'll do next...when I'm able to work with more mediums. Don't want to get the bed all messy! : )

    wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess - nothing better than playtime for the imagination :-)

    Missy - thank you :-) I shall go visit your blog & doodle next!

    Wendy - I hope your hospital appointment went well today. I shall look forward to seeing your 20min doodle if you get chance to do. Your doodles are fab! I generally take my time with my doodles; letting them progress at their own pace but it was fun to have a 20 min limit too. :-)

    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw that's really pretty! I must take part in TIC TOCC soon - it looks so much fun. Definitely need more hours in the day!!

    I could even have done this one if I'd known, I'm a dedicated doodler - on the phone and in work meetings particularly! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...