Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Important Changes, TIC TOCC 23 & AEDM days 7 and 8...

AEDM days 7 & 8
Above you'll see my embroidered mandala has been taking shape over days 7 and 8 of Art Every Day Month. And I was very happy when last night I discovered that this week's Inspiration Avenue challenge is based on needlework! If I can just get it finished in time I hope to enter this.

Now this week's Wright Story Extra Newsletter & TIC TOCC is really important to me because it marks important changes, I'm proud of the challenge I've set and I'm really happy to have interviewed talented photographer Shelly Simpson.

Here's a snippet of the intro to the newsletter:
"I believe in the importance of stopping to listen to our body and intuition. Often life moves at such a fast pace it is easy to forgo this quiet contemplation. Anyhow, my inner self has been screaming out at me to settle down and write a particular book that has been growing gradually in my mind. It has also been urging me to spend a little time on my arty creations and develop my focus on creativity and wellbeing. I have recently bought new supplies in readiness for my my art ideas, I've been designing a logo to go with a new website domain I've reserved. And the book keeps begging to be written and I think now's the time. My health hasn't been too great of late and I've been struggling to do much at all. I think it is a sign for me to slow down and focus on where my intuition is trying to lead me in this moment. For this reason, for now, these newsletters and weekly TIC TOCCs are stopping for a break. If all works out I should be back with more exciting things to offer you eventually. I will still be blogging at Wright Story so please do continue to stop by my blog otherwise I'd miss you dearly. Plus I shall need your company and support even more with all the challenges ahead."


Please do go and take a look at this newsletter issue 23 and I hope you're tempted to join in with this week's TIC TOCC.


Thank you to all of you for the get well wishes. I'm making slow but steady progress. I'm just relying on a daily dash of creativity to keep me going (along with a bag full of medication obviously ;-) )




Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhh... how I love your needlework! Not my forte but how cool it would be to incorporate some needlework into my pieces... it was a major 19th century "women's sphere" activity. Hmmmmm.

    Always love to see what you are up to with #AEDM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo the colours are gorgeous! It's a lovely idea to make a mandala with stitches, it's going to be really beautiful! Hope you're feeling better, a little creativity each day is a good motto. :)
    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so wise to listen to your body's call to slow down. Our body truly speaks the heart and soul's language and it is such a compass for our journey. Looking forward to witness and share in this new stage of your journey. You mandala is exquisite and even incomplete it will be a wonderful piece to enter into our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just adore the embroidered mandala! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your embroidery is so pretty! LOVE it! Take all the time you need for yourself and go get started on that novel, yay! Sending happy and well wishes. I myself am trying to finish up a novel with characters that have been with me way tooooo long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have lots of patience, but the result is well worth the time taken.
    Gwen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there your TIC TOCC newsletter is great and thank you so much for interviewing me. I am blessed and honored to be part of it. I am glad you are listening to your body.
    Glad we can keep in toch my friend!!
    And some day even meet in person
    Shel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kat,

    It's very hard and it takes a lot of courage to listen to what your body is telling you about what YOU need and to actually follow through with making sure you get it. I've thoroughly enjoyed your newsletters and TIC TOCC challenges (and those great interviews!), even when I didn't do them myself. You are always such an inspiration to me. I've had a hard time creating lately, but when I look at you I think, if Kat can do it, so can I. Thank you for them. And thank you, also for being an example, for doing what YOU need to do. I'm so excited and happy for you. Write, write, write!! And keep up with your needlework, too. That mandala is amazing!

    Sending you HUGE hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kat, wonderful work! Lovely piece at the end! You are such a talented woman who never fails to inspire others. I pray for your good health. May you be healed by God continuously everyday! Have faith in Him always!:)

    I am sharing with you my reflection for the Tictocc 23. Thanks a lot!

    http://harmonythoughts.com/artsful-of-thoughts/on-overthinking

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ALL - your support keeps me going :-) Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...