Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Butterfly Spirit (IA & CED2012)


This week's Inspiration Avenue challenge set by the wonderful Hettienne is "Butterflies" and the Creative Everyday theme for January is "New". These two themes so perfectly fit together and compliment my personal experience that I felt inspired to create and blog (at last!! I know its been so long I've nearly forgotten how to blog ;-)).

I created the background with a variety of inks on wet watercolour paper. Next I added butterflies taken from my favourite Tuscan Rose collage sheet. Then added words that I'd written on hand made papers. The wording reflects how I'm constantly having to adjust, reassess & renew in order to live with unpredictable health. At the moment these words reflect the stage I'm at and echo the symbolism of butterflies.

To read some interesting philosophical thoughts on Butterfly symbolism and meanings visit 'Whats-Your-Sign'

After last year's difficulties I'm reminded to take everything day by day and moment by moment. My energy is still very low and so as I'm gently easing myself back into my creative and online activity. I've accepted that I need to cut back and am trying to follow my heart as to where I spend my limited energy. One thing that hit me at the start of this year was the urge to go back to spending more time writing fiction. I've dusted off the manuscripts of three books and am feeling inspired to work on my dream of having a book published. I realise I do want to share the stories I've written and so have made a start on edits & rewrites of my YA fantasy novel. 

A caterpillar embraces the changes it must make to become a butterfly. I guess they have little choice :-). However, we humans can struggle with times of change and the unpredictability of life. It is sometimes difficult to adapt and go with the fluctuations. 
  • What new challenges & changes has the New Year brought for you?
Wishing you all a Happy & Creative week :-)   


Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

29 comments:

  1. What a pretty piece, love the colors and your handwritten words! Yay for getting out those manuscripts! Here’s to a wonderful 2012 for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crystal - thank you :-)

    Missy - thank you:-) Hope we both get our writing out there in 2012!

    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see you and your butterflies. 2012 has been lousy for me but I keep trying to create every day in spite of that. lol
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These butterflies are inspiring! It is good to see you post again, Kat. And thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I struggle with my priorities all the time, but the forced time off from work has done a little for me to catch up on house cleaning projects. My creativity is the one thing that I am still able to do, so far, no matter what I am dealing with, health-wise. I am thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle - thank you :-)Well done managing to be creative daily. Hope 2012 improves for you. X

    Mlissabeth - thank you :-) And I'm so glad for you that you manage to keep creative. X

    Kat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kat, this is wonderful!! Looking forward to seeing those books published!! But remember to take the time to smell the roses and the chase the butterflies :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page is so vibrant. I love the background colors and the butterflies/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your butterflies. The colors on your piece are so vibrant and happy. Good luck with your writing. You are so wise to spend your time doing something that you love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your butterfly art with such colors feels so strong and happy. Hope things smooth out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful, vibrant piece Kat :) I love the symbolism of butterflies too.

    Your writing aspirations sound very exciting - keep following your dreams and lots of luck to you. And hey don't forget your friends when you're rich and famous will you! ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely page - love the colors and layers you created. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you are back blogging and this is a lovely page... I have chosen embrace for my word for the year and am trying to not fight anything, just going to take it as it comes and see what comes of it all... so glad we are sharing a word!!!! Good luck with the writing and hope that you love every minute of it...xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful collage--the butterflies are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome collage ~ love the colors, composition and design ~~ namaste, Carol (Share the Creative Journey) and A Creative Harbor

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hettienne - thank you :-) Yes definitely good to take time to smell the roses, as it were :-)

    Ariel - thank you :-)

    Ginny - thank you :-) I think we should all spend time doing things we love wherever possible. Its not always easy in our busy lives but good to focus on the things & people important to us.

    Carolyn - thank you :-)

    Angie - thank you sweetie :-) I shall not forget my friends ;-)

    Terrie - thank you :-)

    Tracey - thanks for your lovely comment :-) "Embrace" is a great word for the year!

    Craftymoose - thank you :-)

    Carol - thank you :-)

    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have a lovely, lovey entry this week, Kat. It's good to see you back again. I know how demanding both making art and writing can be, but I hope you get something published this year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So glad to see you posting again, Kat!

    Your butterflies are lovely!

    Here's to a wonderful 2012! Hope to be able to read more of your writing. You're a great storyteller and I always enjoy reading your fiction!

    Huge Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elizabeth - aww thank you for your super lovely comment. Xx

    Anne - thank you sweetie :-) Sending huge hugs back to you. Xx

    Kat :-) X

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kat..what beautifully inspiring work..powerful and gorgeous!I love it!

    I hope your energy begins to bloom at full power..be well..and shine on kindred!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  20. Victoria - thank you sweetie :-) Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dear Kat, I invite you to join me in Soul Songs at http://pathofdivinelove.blogspot.com/2012/01/soul-songs.html. Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very good luck with the writing Kat! have fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am thrilled to see you back to blogging, Kat. You wouldn't believe how much you have inspired and directed me today. While subconsciously, I know the symbolism of a butterfly, it was a message I needed to re-learn today.
    Yours is a powerful little piece of art.
    I am happy to hear you excited about your writing...this is the year of new heights in creativity, catch the wave and ride! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Kat look forward to your book that is one of my desires for 2012 too so HIGH five sister onward with the writing and art.

    ReplyDelete
  25. beautiful butterflies and the background is gorgeous! I miss you Kat especially your Tictocc. But I understand your condition. I am deeply inspired by your courage and determination and how you use little energy to create big things. Never give up. I pray for your continuous healing. May God heal you. Have faith always. Take care, Lis

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh and btw if ever your book is out, I want to buy one! I love your writing! Love, Lis

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hettienne - thank you for the invite, I shall take a look. I love the idea of our souls having a song. X

    Megan - thank you sweetie :-)

    priti.lisa - aww thank you :-) I am glad you felt inspired because you have so often inspired me. Xx

    Shel - high five back at you :-)Xx

    Elisa - thank you for your super kind words & support :-)X

    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...