Tuesday, 27 March 2012

'Bon Voyage' to my Round Robin Art Journal

So today I sent out my art journal for a round robin journal swap I'm doing with seven other blogging friends. Here's a peek at what it looks like although the photos don't do the layers and materials used any justice.

Front cover - using wall paper, scrapbook paper, handmade petal paper old damaged children's book and a wooden heart shape 


Back cover - using wall paper, scrapbook paper, old damaged children's      book & a mother of pearl button.


Welcome Pages - including a letter to all the girls participating and an eight page guest book. Using a range of papers, mother of pearl buttons and spun/twisted thread.


My 1st page - an acrylic paint and Pitt pen doodle


Page 2 - A mixed media collage using old party hat, old paintings, acrylic, fabric paint, glitter wrapping and ink. 


I waved my journal goodbye and wished it well on its round the world trip.Wish I could sneak along with it but alas I cost a bit too much to post!

This week is a busy one with the house being decorated and both children performing in an adaptation of Cinderella at their school. It may be difficult to find space, materials and time to create but I shall try my best. Luckily the weather has been sunny the past few days and so I may be able to gain a little refuge from the stress outdoors :-)

Wishing you all a happy & creative week! 

Kat X 
Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

11 comments:

  1. Excitement! I had to look at my little list to see when your journal will arrive at my door...I think August-ish. What fun!! Enjoy your busy week!
    Maggie
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie - Thank you sweetie :-) It is great fun :-)

      Delete
  2. I have it!! It looks even better in the 'flesh'. I'm almost too nervous to do anything... but don't worry, I'll force myself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - glad it arrived okay & thank you :-) You will create something beautiful, for sure, like you always do. There is no reason for you to be nervous, especially in my journal :-) Xx

      Delete
  3. Ooh exciting, it's looking gorgeous! I adore your purple and blue paintings :) Mine is on it's way to you now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie - thank you :-) I can't wait to get your journal. I shall email you when I do. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Sailing on the sea of my imagination art page. Fun stuff and a clever use of materials. I can't wait to play in your journal.
    Hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy :-) I'm excited to see everyones journal and art each month - it s great fun!

      Kat Xx

      Delete
  6. I'm belated in visiting you, but here I am! I LOVE the hearts on your cover and the clever play of sailing on a sea....beautiful book! This is so exciting!
    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie - thank you :-) I agree it is exciting & inspirational. I'm very glad to be part of this RR.

      Kat Xx

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...