Monday, 30 April 2012

"Connections" mixed media for Round Robin journal...


These journal pages were created for a Round Robin journal swap that I'm part of. It is inspired by my belief that every connection we make with others plays an important part of our lives; some more significant than others. I am constantly grateful for having wonderful friends and having met many inspirational people on and offline. This Round Robin is a connection in itself and I feel lucky to have connected with the inspirational participants. Blogging has opened up a whole world of connections with interesting talented people like you! My other influence was the Creative Everyday April theme of 'language' which seems to fit perfectly with communication and connection.

Pay attention to the people that pass through your life; they may be there for a reason.

Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

15 comments:

  1. What a great quote Kat!
    I agree...the people that we meet along the way ARE crossing our path for a reason.
    I am amazed at this spread...6 mandalas!!!
    This just echoes your essence.
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - Aw thank you sweetie :-) I wrote the quote from my heart, glad you like. Hugs, Kat Xx

      Delete
  2. connecting is so very important! Great journal pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I was SO hoping that you would be doing some of your incredible mandalas for this! Gorgeous work and such a great way to illustrate connections- I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie - thank you very muchly for your lovely comment :-) Hugs, Kat Xx

      Delete
  4. it is so true... I am noticing that I look especially forward to Mondays Now and visiting all the CED links I can, even throughout the week. I am meeting and BEing inspired by so many people I'd surely NEVER have "met" in daily Life.
    BEautimous journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Currie - thank you for visiting my blog :-) CED is a fab place to connect up with people & Leah is a gorgeous and inspirational host! Glad to connect with you :-)
      Kat X

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  5. Oh Kat - it's amazing!!! That theme - people coming into your life for a reason - is one that's been close to my heart recently. So although you couldn't have known that (bit spooky really!) you've made this feel really personal to me.

    I love that the quote is your own, that makes it extra special. And I secretly hoped that you'd include a mandala and I got 6, each one so intricate and beautiful and unique, like snowflakes :)

    Thanks so much for creating such a wonderful piece of art for me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie - I'm so relieved and happy you like your pages!! And I love that my words held significance for you - synchronicity can be amazing. Thank you for your lovely comment.
      Hugs
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  6. Blogging certainly has opened me up to so many amazing people! Love your art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beverley - Thank you:-) Yes, blogging can be a wonderful way to connect with people all over the world.
      Kat :-)

      Delete
  7. Lovely! So joyful and thoughtful! The lettering is lovely, too.

    I'm glad to have met you through this world of blogging. It's an amazing thing, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...