Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Community, Diamond Jubilee and Creative Connections

Words & images ©Katina Wright 2012 
I finished these journal pages last week but life has been so happily busy I haven't had chance to blog about it. These were pages created in Lisa (priti.lisa) journal for our round robin swap. I could hardly bare to give up the gorgeous journal she'd created, adorned with her lovely painting and Angie's stunning artwork. Now I knew I couldn't compete with these ladies' talents so I simply aimed to create something from my heart with my own style. I hope Lisa likes it. The journal is now back on its travels.
Words & images ©Katina Wright 2012 
 The quotes are my own and are inspired by the people in my life who remind me how much the people we share our lives with (however briefly) affect our lives, supporting us, helping us grow and learn .
Words & images ©Katina Wright 2012 
 From close friends to a wider community, cyber contacts and neighbours - each and every person touches a piece of our life.
Below is the tag that Lisa asked us to create in addition to our pages:

Words & images ©Katina Wright 2012 
This last few weeks we've had lots of community celebrations to mark the Olympic torch and this week the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. It was wonderful to have days in our ordinarily quiet village where everyone came out of the bubbles of their individual lives and gathered to make historic memories together. We've also a few friends turning forty this year and have already been part of some memorable celebrations that have affirmed friendships and reminded me of how blessed we are to be surrounded by wonderful people.

On the internet I've made creative connections with many inspiring kind people through blogging, art challenges and swaps. I've been supported and inspired by people around the world. At times when I've been limited by health these online communities have helped me feel part of the world and their creativity has lifted my spirits.


  • How have other people, community events or/and creative connections enriched your lives and influenced your creative work? 
Wishing you all a happy and creative week!
Kat Xx

Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Oh this is wonderful- I love the paper you used and the way the flowers and lettering flow together so very beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie - thank you sweetie :-) Kat Xx

      Delete
  2. Kat I love what you've created here!! That textured paper looks amazing with the intricate flower and leaf designs, they're so pretty! I love that you've used your own quote too - such a personal touch. It's gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie - thank you for your lovely kind comment. Hugs, Kat Xx

      Delete
  3. YAY!!!
    I was looking forward to seeing one of your mandalas in my book...but you out did yourself and gifted me with a whole bouquet! I love the colors and the quote...the entire spread is beautiful!!!
    Thank you Kat, for sharing your talents and yourself with me.
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - Phew! I'm glad you like :-) Your journal was so beautiful I was afraid in case I ruined it. You mentioned you liked quotes so I thought I'd write a couple of my own for you. Thank you for your super lovely supportive comment. Hugs, Kat Xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely pages, Kat. Such a neat idea to incorporate your mandalas into a bouquet. Just lovely. Your quote rings so true. What a treat for Lisa.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, Kat! I love how connections are made through the blogging community. I'm glad to count you as my friend. It's been fun!

    Sending you big hugs and hoping that you've been busy with lots of summer sweetness and Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...