Thursday, 12 July 2012

Working Round (CED)

The Creative Everyday theme this month is "Round" which for a mandala lover like me seems like the perfect theme :-) The above 'round' creation was made from cutting up mainly pieces of my hand painted (in ink & acrylic) background papers
and some bought handmade paper. I collaged/layered, cut and glued to my heart's content. I found it a therapeutic experience. Plus I got a buzz from using up small left over pieces of my hand painted papers. I hate to waste anything. In fact I am very low on my hand painted papers and find myself relishing the excuse to get out my paints & inks to create more.

Creating in the round, for me, is a calming experience. Adding the repeated shapes, patterns and doodles is therapeutic for me.

  • What type of creating do you find the most relaxing? Cutting, gluing, doodling, knitting.....or something else?

This mandala type creation may become part of a larger piece for the Round Robin journal girls but I've not decided yet.

For my next piece I may need to force myself out of my pinks/reds/purples colour comfort zone.

Wishing you all a happy & creative week & weekend!

Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I doodle mandalas at conferences and things - helps me concentrate! Can I draw your attention to Toko-pa's creativity day on facebook? I reckon you and some of your readers might like to join in https://www.facebook.com/jennyalexander4/posts/2066793144153#!/events/341629719246750/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny - great to hear from you & a belated thank you for your comment. I shall check out your creativity day page... Kat :-)

      Delete
  2. Ooooh I really love this! I thought it was fabric at first, it looks a little like painted silk. It can be fun to experiment of course, but those colours are so lovely together and so "you".

    To answer your question about what I find most relaxing, it's probably painting. I find it quite meditative sometimes - well, when it's going well that is ;)

    PS I replied to your question about the white pen on my blog, but in case you missed it - the pen I generally use is a Pentel Hybrid pen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie - a belated thank you for your lovely comment :-) And thanks for the pen info, its always good to get advice from people who've had success with certain products! Hugs, Kat Xx

      Delete
  3. This is lovely, Kat! Looks like a quilt to me.

    The most relaxing things for me are painting backgrounds on canvas and crocheting a simple, repeated pattern where I don't even have to think. But I love doing all the other stuff that isn't so relaxing, too.

    Glad to see you creating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne :-) Yes, I like background painting & creating repetitive patterns too. Hugs, Kat Xx

      Delete
  4. Ooh I was just thinking how much I love your pink and purple colour usage..then read you are changing! Darn!:) Great to try and step out of the comfort zone..but know pink and purple are always waiting with open arms hehe!
    A beautiful mandala, the paper you create is so pretty too. I can see how therapeutic the intricate cutting and sticking is....especially with the rich violet hues.
    My fave most relaxing thing is hand sewing....it means I can sit still and be...whether its in the midst of my family as they screech and speed about,
    in front of a good movie, or accompanying me to the latest outdoor pursuit that will keep my 4 year old from climbing the walls! :) (yep! holidays here are sounding very similar to yours!!)
    Huge hugs to you Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny - thank you for your kind lovely comments. I agree, I find hand sewing therapeutic and portable - although my finished articles are nothing like your creations! Actually I'm just about to post a painting that I've done a bit of hand sewing on & I'm afraid it isn't in my normal pinks and purlples, lol :-) Hugs Kat Xx

      Delete
  5. I love the strong color hues and the intricacy of your mandala. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...