Friday, 7 December 2012

Creativity, Children, Community Charity, Craft.....Collapse!

So why is it a month since I last blogged?

Overall, my health has undoubtedly been better this year than it has been for many years. I've thoroughly enjoyed building up my strength and being able to be more creative and social. However, a few weeks ago the good health spell ended after an intense infection and the MS reaction to it knocked me completely off my feet. This is why I had to pull out of the AEDM 2012 challenge and haven't been online. I'm still recovering but am much better than I was. Anyhow, I wanted to do a blog post to say hi and to show some photos of all the creative activities I was doing before I got too ill to do anything. Here goes a photo story..............

a few finished cards

My messy work space (aka kitchen table)

To be honest this was the tidy version - my family had to eat on trays in the living room for at least a week :-)

Piecing together my decoupage mandalas ready for card making

In between crafting for craft sale I was creating for my daughter's Birthday. As you can see my cat, Alfie, was very helpful!?

close up of a finished mandala card (this design proved popular & I sold a few of these)

Another finished mandala card


and the matching mandala pendant



My daughter wanted me to make a Tatty Teddy Birthday cake

A gift for my friend's 11 year old mad-on-swimming daughter

I also made this charm bracelet for her. I found these cute swimmers on ebay and then created some beaded charms myself.

And I made matching earings
  
This gives you an idea of some of the creative activities I was busy with before the infection and MS got the better of me. Once I feel well enough I shall put some of my new designs in my etsy shop. Meanwhile, if there's anything you like especially let me know & if its not already in there I can try adding it into my etsy shop for you or sell to you direct using Paypal. Just be aware that I'm not checking my emails daily at the moment.

Christmas is coming and I hope with lots more (boring) rest I shall have enough creative cheer by then.

  • How are you finding the busy pre- holiday season? 
  • What have you been creating in November and December?

Wishing you all creative cheer during the festive season!!

Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

16 comments:

  1. Hey hon, when I think of all you do it makes my headspin. Glad to hear you're starting to feel better. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy - thank you sweetie :-) Hope all well with you. Hugs. xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear of such added distress with your health, but very glad that you are recovering from your infection. Sending healing vibes ~~~ and all the best for your holidays.
    Stay inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle - thank you :-) You of all people know what it's like. The MS doesn't like a cold let alone a bad lengthy infection. But I'm getting much better and stronger day by day (fingers crossed). Hope you are managing okay in these winter months & are as well as can be. Kat xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you are soon feeling heaps better. LOVE your mandala cards and pendants. I wish you a very Happy Christmas, and healthy 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo - thank you for your lovely comment :-) Wishing you a very Happy Christmas and New Year too! Kat X

      Delete
  4. Okay, so every time I see one of your mandala's,I think you can't possibly make another one as beautiful as the last one... wrong!!! These are all gorgeous and each one so unique and beautiful, just like you my sweet friend! Don't over do, take care of yourself!!!
    I love your Alfie! Just their presence with us brings such a sense of peace, and mostly when they are sleeping...LOL
    Merry Christmas to you and Peace and Health for the New Year~*
    Hugs
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim - oh thank you for your super sweet comment. Wishing you a Happy Christmas & a fabulous healthy and creative New Year too! Hugs. Kat Xx

      Delete
  5. I'm in awe of your creativity - I particularly love the pendant, such gorgeous colours!

    Hope you're back to full health soon, and have a wonderful Christmas :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - thank you very much for your lovely comment and for ordering this pendant from my etsy shop :-) I was really happy this morning when I saw you'd ordered it.

      Wishing you a great Christmas too.
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  6. Sorry to hear of you set back Kat♥. It is amazing all you accomplish in spite of your trials. I am so proud of you and your sales...a sale of one's art is always something to be celebrated. As is the return of your health, your family and cute, furry friend.
    Next year will be even better! Love and friendship,
    Lisa♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa - thank you sweetie for the kind words & support :-) I got another sale today through etsy and it made me feel really happy to send the pendant to its new home :-)
      Hugs
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear you've been unwell hon, but glad you're feeling stronger again now. I've been a bit remiss with blogging etc too lately - this time of year can be a bit frantic and full on.

    Loving all your new creations, especially the 3D mandalas - don't they look amazing! - and your pendant.

    And I hope your daughter had a lovely birthday and enjoyed her cake! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Angie - thank you for your lovely kind comment :-) I hope you're managing the busy season & getting time to enjoy the festivities.
    Hugs
    Kat Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those earrings Kat - what a perfect gift!

    Hope you're feeling better and that Christmas isn't wearing you out! How is the weather down there? We're pretty soggy here but no serious flooding.

    Have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy New Year!

    Big hugs

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful art work. you are so talented, inspiring and creative. I am very touched. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...