Tuesday, 15 January 2013

What I "LOVE"..... (IA challenge)



This week at Inspiration Avenue the challenge is to create using the theme of love. We are asked what it is that we love. I haven't played along with Inspiration Avenue for a while and as a former team member I thought it was about time I did!

 So... of course I love my children, husband, friends, being creative, reading and eating chocolate. I love Cornwall, the beach, trees, elephants and cats. My list could expand but then I got to thinking about things that I love doing and one of those things is creating/making gifts and cards for people I love and care about. These photos are of a jewellery set I've just completed for my Mum.


I loved the act of creating these, I love the idea of her smiling as she receives this gift in the post and of course I love her :-)

When we approach life from the perspective of gratitude and love, life seems to light up so much brighter. Just thinking about the people I love and the things I love doing makes me feel lighter in spirit. So thank you Lou Anne for setting this challenge and making my mood shine.

A visit to Inspiration Avenue to view what other people have been inspired to create for this week's theme is likely to bring you joy & inspiration. Or why not join in too?!

  • What and who do you love? 
  • What lights up your soul and fills you with love?

Wishing you all a happy, creative and love filled week!
Kat X




Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

20 comments:

  1. Wow! Your Mom will love this jewelry set ~ gorgeous ~ created with love ^_^

    (A Creative Harbor) aka ArtMuseDog and Carol ^_^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol & ArtMuseDog - thank you for your lovely comment :-)
      Kat X

      Delete
  2. This is awesome.... I love making jewelry, too, and I think I could so easily write an Inspiration Avenue post.

    Great to visit you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie - good to hear from you too! Kat X

      Delete
  3. So beautiful, I love the color of these beads. Your mum will just treasure them and know they were created with love each time she wears them! Thanks for joining us at IA this week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie - thank you sweetie. The colours & the effects in the glass are better appreciated in reality. They remind me of sea, coast and summer. I can't wait for my Mum to receive them but am also a little nervous that she'll like.
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful jewelry set-your Mom is sure to love and cherish the beauty and the love that came with creating these pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looove this post and the beautiful jewellery you've created for your mum...and I'm sure she will loooove them because they are from you :)
    I love so many things, but right now..it's my darling girls who despite their big age gap are sitting cuddled upon the sofa together in their pj's sharing secret giggles, and my sweetest Stu as he washes the dinner dishes :)
    Thankyou as always for your lovely and thoughtful comments. Never fail to bring a smile :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny - thank you sweetie :-) And re my comments on your blog - I love your art and visiting your blog and so my comments are always genuine reactions to both, glad they make you smile :-) Yes it is lovely when the siblings get on and even greater to see your man in the kitchen, lol :-))
      Hugs
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  6. The jewelry set is just stunning & I am sure your Mom will love and treasure it! The color is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Craftymoose - thank you for your lovely kind comment :-) Kat x

      Delete
  7. Beautiful jewelry set - who wouldn't love that! I'm sure she'll 'love' it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terrie - thank you for your sweet comment. Kat :-)

      Delete
  8. The jewelry set is beautiful Did you make the lovely tag ?I'm sure your mum is going to love this.
    Susna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ariel - yes I did make the tag and jewelry, thank you :-) Kat x

      Delete
  9. Thank you for joining us again for the challenge this week! Your necklace is really beautiful! I'm in love with the mermaid colors. Your mum is a lucky woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lou Anne - Thank you for your super lovely comment. I like your "mermaid colours" description - gives it a magical feel that I like the idea of. Kat :-)

      Delete
  10. Having taken a long time to read the blog on my lovely jewellery, if any of you who left comments look back, I, Kat's Mum would like you all to know I was delighted with my 60th birthday pressie which was made with love and received with the warmth of love for Kat each and everytime I wear it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you Mum for your belated but lovely comment! Glad you continue to enjoy :-) Katina xxx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...