Wednesday, 27 February 2013

New Beginnings - Magical Journal Journey....



In March we start our next round robin art journal swap based on individually chosen colour themes and entitled 'Magical Journal Journeys'. I posted my completed journal to Lisa today. I was quite pleased with it except for the fact I got so involved in the process of creating that I forgot about weight and the associated postage costs. I will be sending my friends money to help with postage or else may have to reconstruct the journal. The latter option does not appeal because after many many hours in creating I've grown quite attached to it. Anyhow, here's a photo story of my finished journal box, they're not great photos but hopefully will be enough to give you an idea......  






After both flaps are opened the middle section holds nine individual booklets for each participant to create in.


In my booklet I created pages to welcome everyone and space for them to sign in and share their thoughts on colour.


I used a mixture of inks, embossing powder and acrylic paint to create these backgrounds. I applied them with rubber stamps, cloth and textured brayer/roller.



Inside the journal box the other eight booklets are waiting to be created in. Each has a double page of canvas paper, a silver tag and the cover is in silver card. I haven't secured the pages because it will be easier to create in them first before fixing together.


I'm excited for the swap to start and to enjoy each of the colour schemes and the journals created for them. The beginning of a new 'Magical Journal Journey' is about to begin and I'm so looking forward to being part of it.

  • Do you have any creative projects to begin or that have just begun? Please do share; I'd love to hear about them.
Happy Creating :-)!
Kat XX





Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

9 comments:

  1. Hi Kat! Your journal and it's clever box look amazing! I can see all of the love and care you put in all of the little details. It is perfectly you. I wouldn't change a thing. Postage help may or may not be needed. Is it heavy? I can't wait to see her in person and play within her pages.
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kat, I love the way you have designed your journal! It's exquisite, and I can't wait to be able to see and work in it! It looks very comforting somehow, with the soft fabric, embroidery and other needlework...and the colors are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful idea - and the pictures are gorgeous as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat it is beautiul...How exciting.
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kat it's fabulous! I love the gleaming washes of colour your used, and the structure of it and your idea of 9 individual booklets is really clever! Loving the embroidery and felt (I think?) hearts and flowers too. Yours will be the last journal I get to see in person, but it will be worth the wait! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look fantastic, Kat - what a talented lady you are :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kat, what an undertaking...so very much work,
    but look what you have made! A treasure box for us to fill with our love for you ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good information. Lucky me I ran across your website by
    accident (stumbleupon). I have saved as a favorite for later!


    my web-site; waist height ratio
    Also see my web page: Ideal waist To height ratio

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doh, just lost my post...

    So, I said something like...

    Just posted your treasure to Tammy today. It was such a lovely parcel to open when it arrived (I hadn't seen this post so it was a wonderful surprise).

    The colours are gorgeous to work with. Just posted on my blog if you can't wait all the months until it returns!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...