Wednesday, 3 April 2013

March Magical Journal Journey finished pages in Angie's journal - Belated SPOILER!!!

The first journal I received on our 2013 Magical Journal Journey art journal swap was Angie's gorgeous 'white' themed beauty. I loved her pretty vintage feel pages but admittedly was scared stiff of creating completely in white. I am so used to using bright colours that it was our of my comfort zone yet this ended up being a very enjoyable challenge. I used a variety of textures: all sorts of papers that I punched shapes from & embossed, I hand sewed as much as I could for extra interest and added a variety of buttons, beads and ribbons. I also wrote an acrostic musing on 'WHITE' to go on a tag. Many hours, swearing at needles that wouldn't thread and repeatedly pricking  my fingers yet bizarrely thoroughly enjoying the experience - I finally came up with the following pages:











Thank you Angie for inspiring and challenging me :-)
Now to open the parcel that I received a couple of hours ago and that contains Lisa (Priti) journal and discover my next challenge and the gorgeous art so far created in there.

  • How have you recently challenged yourself creatively?
My greatest challenge this past fortnight has been my renewed and serious commitment to my fiction writing. The past couple of years I've lost a lot of my confidence but encouraged by my fabulous supportive friends I am once again taking my fiction writing seriously. I've been building up my writing muscles, have started to write regularly and with a view to send stories to agents/publishers. So far, in the past fortnight, I've nearly completed a junior children's book and been working on another story for older children. I've gone from being able to write 400 words in a sitting to 1500+ in one session. I feel exhilerated each time I write a little more of the stories in my head and look forward to sharing them. I'll keep you posted...

Kat :-) Xx




Share |

WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

20 comments:

  1. L.O.V.E. Angies white pages. Delicious.
    I have challenged myself to write as well. I signed up for April A-Z blog challenge. Whew posting every day. Looking forward to hearing your stories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemma - thank you sweetie. Good luck with your A-Z blog challenge - I shall pop in & take a look at some of your posts soon!
      Hugs
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeousness awaits Angie! This is pristine and so lovely. I like that you added a bit of sewing to the mix.

    I am so happy that you are writing passionately again. It must feel wonderful to let it all escape and lay itself on your pages. I cannot wait to read some.

    Oh and I am just posting Lisa W's book to Kim tomorrow.

    Hugs!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy - thank you for your lovely supportive comment :-) It is wonderful to escape into my character's adventures :=) And I love this swap over and share journal time - tis exciting & inspiring!

      Kat Xx

      Delete
  3. Kat, your pages are amazing. I love that you sewed on them. Everything is so delicate and fresh. Also love the tag that describes "White". I think this one will be the greatest challenge for me as well. White.. Is so opposite of what I am use too, but I am also really looking forward to working in her journal and seeing where it leads me! :)
    Really beautiful job!

    Yay.. I will be looking for Lisa's W's Journal !
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim - Thank you sweetpea. 'White' was initially scary but in the end the challenge proved a very enjoyable experience!
      Hugs
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  4. Hey Kat this is awesome WOW you really did an awesome job here. how neat and fun.
    Inspiring Kat that you are!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly - great to hear from you! Thank you for your kind & lovely comment. Hope you are well & okay.
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  5. A first glance the pages seem so simple...and then...the texture! I am such a lover of embossed paper and yours is so, so lovely. And the embroidery and buttons, such painstaken-ly small stitches...beautiful Kat!
    And I don't want to forget the tag...you have described white perfectly, obvious that you are a wordsmith♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa (priti) - you'll make me blush with your super kind comment, thank you sweetie! I feel so encouraged and supported. Its so lovely to be on this second journal journey with you all.
      Hugs
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  6. How gorgeous- you have done such an amazing job here! I LOVE all the texture you've created and how you really celebrated the color "white" which I too am a little scared of....
    Bravo you!
    xx
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! Your generous comment is much appreciated :-) Don't be fearful of 'white' - it will likely surprise you like it did me :-)
      Hugs
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  7. Love the 'white on white' theme. Good luck with your writing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo - thank you sweetie:-) Hope your art journaling is going okay. Kat X

      Delete
  8. Hi Kat, it's just me peeking again...so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a sweetie Kim, thanks :-) Xx

      Delete
  9. What beautiful pages, such lovely work! Way to go on the writing, hope to read some soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy - thank you :-) Great to hear from you! I hope you're busy enjoying your three gorgeous babes. And hopefully getting some time to write & draw. Hugs, Kat Xx

      Delete
  10. Oooooo Kat!

    I'm sorry I'm so late in visiting here but wow - I absolutely adore the pages you've created in my journal and I'm happy to know that you enjoyed working in white despite your initial concerns ha ha! Though I could have guessed that you enjoyed the process just by looking at your work, it reflects your joy and care.

    LOVE the delicate combination of textures and the stitching, but my absolute favourite thing is the acrostic - so poetic and lovely, your gift at writing is obvious! Thank you sooo much for my pages! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. The white on white is just stunning! That would be really intimidating for me, too (and pricking my fingers... probably would have bled all over it).

    Hope that you are doing well! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...