Tuesday, 3 September 2013

"Connected Through Art" (Kim- August's - Magical Journal Journey)




Throughout the month of August I had the pleasure of hosting and creating in Kim's journal. As you can probably tell from my photos, her colour theme was pink, red and orange. This colour combination is already a favourite of mine because it makes me feel happy and energised. This week's Inspiration Avenue challenge is 'joy' and considering this Magical Journal Journey & this vibrant colour combination bring me immense joy I felt it was good to share these pages for this challenge.

I created an angel from assembled finds, collage, stitching, beading, paper and paint. This magical girl's expression changes dramatically according to the position of her googly eyes. I should have thought to photograph these various expressions but its too late now because she is presently winging her way over to her next hostess Lisa W. I'm sure Kim can enjoy playing with these expressions when her journal returns home :-) 

The stamped phrases on the edges of this page are "Creating Friendship" and "Connected Through Art" - both of which seemed to sum up the essence of this wonderful art journal swap. 


I was going to paint a mandala for Kim but suddenly found myself creating one from layers of textured materials, stitching, ribbon and beads. Set against my two tone painted background it seemed to become a sunset. The phrases stamped on this page are "Circle of Friends" and "Joined Creatively" - both further musings on this Magical Journal Journey experience


On the third page, set on a painted background, is a mini book with a story I've written for Kim:


This is a piece of fantasy fiction that seemed real as I wrote it. It became even more real when I shared it with the other members of the group. Its a bit too long to share here and is quite personal to all the members of the Magical Journal Journey. But if you're a regular to my blog and intrigued, send me an email and I can always email you a copy to read.

I have the next journal waiting for me to explore and create in. I can't believe we only have a couple of months left of this swap. I feel sad to think that it is nearly at an end. Yet I feel sure we'll share a third magical adventure together next year. Every month we all seem to become closer as friends and further develop our creative selves through the shared inspirational experience.


  • Have you ever created something that seemed to come to life and become almost real? Or maybe its just crazy old me....
You can visit the other members of the Magical Journal Journey and see the pages they've been creating, by following the links in the right hand column of this blog.


Wishing you all a happy & creative week.
Kat Xx

Share |
WrightStory is also on Facebook and Twitter

31 comments:

  1. Boy is this ever cute! Love that you gave the little angel googly eyes. How fun!!! I love Kim's book and all of the color too! The story you wrote is magical. True LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gemma - Thank you very much for your lovely comment, you're a sweetie! Hugs, Kat Xx

      Delete
  2. This is the sweetest little angel with the googly-eyed glasses! Your embroidery and embellishments are always such a pleasure to see, and I love these colors! Fabulous pages, and Kim will cherish them, as well as the story you wrote. As you know, I have read the Tale of the Magical Party Hosted by Kim (my title lol), and I have printed it and will keep it with my journal! It's a happy story and makes me feel happy to read it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie - thank you so much sweetie & I'm glad you like the story; it has made it so much fun with you all reading & sharing :-) Hugs, Kat xx

      Delete
  3. KAT!!! I crown you "Imaginatarian" Of the Year!!!!
    If you look that up, there is no word, I just made it up because it soooo fits you!!!

    Love just seems so over used because I do just so LOVE all my pages by all of "Ya'll" so I am going to have to come up with another word that describes how much your Googly-eyed angel has stolen my heart!!! And your Mandala "Circle of Friends" ... I Love (there I go again) all the texture, fabric and work you put into it.. truly represents our connection of friends... and then the story, well I don't know about everyone else, but I WAS AT THAT PARTY WITH ALL OF YOU and it was frigin'Fabulous!! I don't know how you do it, but I that you thought out of the box and that's why I love this group so much.
    Thank you for my googly girl and such a memorable party that I will cherish...
    XOXO
    P.S.
    I love Crazy You!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim - I'm so happy that you like the pages I've created and enjoyed the party :-) Your comment is really sweet, thank you! "Imaginatarian of the Year" - I love it - do I get a badge ? Crown? Get to wear a fancy dress to the award ceremony. LOL :-) Maybe I'll write a story about that, LOL :-) But seriously, your supportive comments mean a lot. I'm always downing & doubting myself, so its nice to know that people have enjoyed my creations. Thanks for being kind to the crazy me :-)
      Hugs
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  4. That should say "I love that you thought out of the box.... too much excitement!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the magical girl's googly eyes and her cute face and outfit. You always add such lovely bead work and details. Those colors are fabulous! Very happy. Your story was enchanting! I didn't want it to end.
    OXOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy - thank you for your lovely complimentary comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the story & got involved in the party. It was fun to write and even better that you all shared :-)
      Hugs
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  6. Kat, however you decided on those googly eyes and glasses is beyond me, but I can tell you, I am smiling, sooo cute!
    I am so inspired to get out my big box of embroidery floss...I used to cross stitch a lot.
    And I have your giant book at my house right now...Time to put my thinking cap on.
    I LOVE you,
    and that story was killer! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Priti.Lisa - thank you sweetie for your kind comments :-) The googly eyes, glasses and girl's face were the starting place for that page. I found the girl's face, minus googly eyes,in my collage paper stash and knew she had to be in Kim's journal. I'm glad you're inspired to get out your embroidery threads - look forward to your future creations :-) Its great to think of my journal being at your house this month! Sorry its giant! The last couple of journals have cost nearly £9.oo GBP to post in normal post so I hate to think what my journal costs. I still feel bad about that. I'm still happy to pay towards postage if you let me know how much more its costing than everyone elses, please do let me know!
      Glad you liked the story. It was fun to write and even better to share with you all :-)
      Hugs
      Kat Xx

      Delete
  7. The detailing in your angel is incredible, and those goggly eyes make her a joy too. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arnoldo - thanks for visiting my blog & leaving such a lovely comment. Kat :-)

      Delete
  8. This is amazing Kat I love it!! Next time you guys do this let me know how to get involved OK. Somehow I seem to miss the boat. Thanks so much for sharing this on IA this week. Shel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shel - great to hear from you & be involved in IA this week :-) Thanks for your lovely comment. Hugs, Kat Xx

      Delete
  9. Such beautiful pieces you've created! How wonderful to be involved in such a creative swap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beverley - thank you for stopping by & leaving a joyful comment. Kat :-)

      Delete
  10. The googly eye glasses are asorable!! My, how I love that. I totally agree, the color combination of pink, red and orange is happy - so bright and sunny. I love what you created in this journal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carola - thank you so much for your sweet kind comments :-) I've been grinning from visiting everyone's joy filled posts - great therapy for sure! Kat xx

      Delete
  11. This is wonderful, imaginative and so much fun! the googly eye glasses are joyfully cute! It's times like these that i wish i participated in a journal swap! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane - thank you for your super nice comment. You should definitely think about talking to a few friends (online or Offline) about organising your own journal swap. All you need is for every one to be committed & keen. You'll be amazed how much you get to know people through a journal swap with them. Kat :-)x

      Delete
  12. Beautiful spread, Kat...the colors, the design...love it all. The detailing shows how much joy you felt creating it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you abby j for stopping by and commenting. Yes, I really enjoyed creating these pages. Kat :-)

      Delete
  13. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! Heather.vonstjames(at)gmail.com Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather - thanks for visiting. Why don't you stop by my WrightStory facebook page and ask away. Thanks, Kat :-)

      Delete
    2. Or my email is contactwrightstory (at) gmail (dot) com Thanks :-)

      Delete
  14. I'm not sure how I missed this, but am SO glad it popped to the top of the FB group! This is wonderful, and so VERY Kim! I know she will love it- I just wish I got to see this one in person ;)
    xx
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie - thank you sweetie :-) Kat xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...